It’s wintertime in the northern hemisphere, the time of year when many people head south like flocks of birds seeking out warmer climates! Unless you’re into skiing, snowboarding or other outdoor activities that winter has to offer, why stick around? If you’re looking for a beach holiday, there’s nowhere better than Thailand. Don’t believe us? Check out reviews on sites like OnTheBeach.
It’s time to leave the frost, snow and cloudy skies behind and head to one of the many places to visit in Thailand!
These 5 places in the Land Of Smiles are just what you need to cure those winter blues.
1. Bangkok. This hectic, chaotic, crazy city will be sure to give you a culture shock on arrival! If you’re flying to Thailand, you’ll most likely end up here first. It’s an intense and truly awesome experience that everyone must have.
Vendors sell anything and everything you can imagine, the temples are gorgeous, the streets are bustling and there’s a feeling of excitement in the air. Make sure to check out the nearby floating market, eat a Pad Thai on the street and visit the massive weekend market – those are some of the best things to do in Bangkok for sure!
☞ SEE ALSO:
- Best Things To Do in Bangkok – Our Top 13!
- Things To Do in Chiang Mai – Don’t Miss These 17 Things
- Backpacking Thailand – The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Places To Visit in Thailand – Our Top 15 Picks
- Things To Do in Thailand – These Are The Top 25!
- Things To Do in Pai
2. Koh Lanta. While many travellers flock to the busier islands of Koh Phi Phi and Koh Tao, Koh Lanta remains peaceful. This massive island is blessed with pure, white sands, calm waters and hardly any tourists! There are still many bungalows and huts, but if you’re into a more upscale vacation, there are also some luxury resorts available. Renting a scooter and exploring this island is the best way to discover secret beaches, small markets, football games and fishermen bringing in the daily catch.
3. Koh Chang. There are two Koh Chang’s in Thailand. The one in the east is best visited during the winter. This island is amazing and has something for everyone. Basically, there is a section for those who want to shop, those who want to party and those who would prefer to just chill out. The island is very mountainous and lush and the waters are clear and calm. We recommend White Sand’s Beach, it’s gorgeous.
4. Koh Phangan. Best known for its monthly Full Moon Party, this island has way more to offer than just a rave party. There are so many fun things to do in Koh Phangan. Outside of the Full Moon festivities, you’ll have the island virtually to yourself. The beaches here are some of our favourite in all of Thailand. If you’re looking for more secluded bays, head to Leela Beach or Thong Nai Pan Noi. If it’s bars, music, restaurants and water activities you’re after, you’ll love Haad Rin Beach.
5. Railay Beach. This beach is actually attached to the mainland but is only accessible by boat, giving it the “island feel”. Railay is the place to go if you’re into doing lots of activities on your holiday. Known as one of the world’s best rock climbing destinations, there are over 700 routes bolted to the rock face just waiting to be tackled! If that freaks you out, you could hike to secret lagoons, play volleyball, do yoga or if you’re feeling lazy, the beaches are awesome for relaxing and swimming.
Thailand is jam-packed with delicious food, lush jungles, gorgeous islands, white sand beaches and loads of activities to keep you busy for weeks on end. January is the best month to visit the whole country with temperatures in the mid 20’s to 30’s, and very little (if any) rainfall! This is the perfect country to visit this winter. Buy a bathing suit, book a flight and get excited about the Land of Smiles!
For more information on travelling to Thailand, check out our articles:
Have you ever been to Thailand? Where would you recommend visiting this winter? Share with us below!
Like this Post? Pin it!
Disclaimer: Some links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them, we receive a small commission. This will never cost you extra and in many cases you receive a special discount. We appreciate your support!