History, architecture, food, culture, Rome has it all. When deciding where to stay in Rome, it’s important to consider the neighbourhood first, then the accommodation itself second. The city is large and you want to make sure you’re located in an area that is near to public transportation, or that is within walking distance of major sites, restaurants and bars.
Aenea Superior Inn is not only located in a trendy neighbourhood of Rome, but the boutique hotel is exquisite. There are numerous amazing places to visit in Italy, but traveling to Rome is the trip of a lifetime. In this article, I’ll breakdown the details about the Aenea Superior Inn, including details on the neighbourhood and features of the property.
Monti Neighbourhood is considered the bohemian, artsy enclave of Rome. Close to the main tourist areas and sites of Piazza Venezia, Colosseum, The Pantheon and Basilica di San Clemente, yet far enough away to retain its cool vibe. Monti isn’t putting on a show, and if you’re looking for a less touristy area, with numerous hidden gems, this is it.
Aenea Superior Inn is in an excellent location. In just a 15 minute walk, you will arrive at the Colosseum. A 20 minute walk will bring you to the Trevi Fountain, while 15 minutes away is the Piazza Venezia. If you’re feeling fit, the Vatican is about an hour walk away, or 35 minutes by metro or bus.
As an added bonus, Aenea Superior Inn is about 5 minutes from the Roma Termini train station. This is a great place to be as you can easily get to and from the city. Plus, there are numerous public buses that leave from the Roma Termini.
Where is Monti neighbourhood?
Rooms & Facilities at Aenea Superior Inn
As soon as you walk into this guesthouse, you’ll be in awe of the elegant traditional Roman building. The 15 tastefully decorated rooms here span 2 floors, with some of the rooms offering views of the Basilica Santa Pudenziana, which is the oldest Basilica in Rome, dating back to the 3rd century.
There are numerous styles of rooms here, choose from a Twin Room, Double Room with Terrace, Suite, or a Two-Bedroom Apartment. All of them offer high, ornate ceilings.
Rooms include air-conditioning (which you’ll need if you’re travelling in the summer!), satellite TV, free WiFi, Nespresso coffee machine and a free breakfast. If you opt for the apartment, you’ll have your own kitchen, which is a great way to try to save some cash when traveling Rome.
One thing to note is you’ll need to contact the host prior to your arrival so they have everything ready for you. Many accommodations in Rome aren’t traditional “hotels”, and during your stay you may not have contact with a receptionist 24/7, but you are free to come and go as you please. Plus, there will be a phone number to call for any issues that may arise.
The guesthouse offers a shuttle service from the airport, and accepts all major credit cards.
Top Things to See and Do Near Aenea Superior Inn
As I said above, this hotel is in an excellent location to many of the major sites. Here’s a list of the must-sees nearby:
- Trevi Fountain – the scaffolding has been removed and this stunning Baroque fountain is showing itself once again. This is a very popular spot with locals and tourists, try to visit both during the day and evening.
- Piazza Venezia – it would be hard to miss this major intersection in Rome. Dominating the roundabout is the gorgeous Piazza Venezia. Climb the steps for great views.
- The Pantheon – this former temple turned church is free to enter. The dome here is the largest, unreinforced, concrete dome in the world. Don’t miss the amazing piece of architecture.
- Basilica di San Pietro in Vincoli – this Roman Catholic church is best known for housing Michelangelo’s statue of Moses. This church / Basilica was initially built in the 5th century, but has undergone numerous restorations since then.
- Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri – this church is unique in that it was designed by Michelangelo and built into an ancient bath house (frigidarium of the Baths of Diocletian). Plus, there is a meridian line constructed in the church which was meant to check the accuracy of the new Gregorian calendar. Apart from all of these interesting tidbits, the design and frescos are absolutely gorgeous! Don’t miss it. It’s free to enter.
Book Your Trip to Rome
Hopefully this review post gave you some good insight into what to expect from the Aenea Superior Inn. The location is excellent, the rooms are gorgeous and the price is very fair (especially for Rome). Not only that, but you’ll find some incredible sights right on your doorstep. Click here to see the latest prices of the Aenea Superior Inn and book your trip to Rome!
Disclaimer:Goats On The Road is an Amazon Associate and also an affiliate for some other retailers. This means we earn commissions if you click links on our blog and purchase from those retailers.