As we continue to indulge in the wonderful world of travel blogging, we also find ourselves entering a great community of like-minded individuals who have the same interests and goals in mind. Goats On The Road is our pride and joy, but we would have a hard time keeping it fresh without the help, support and inspiration from our favorite travel blogs.
Here’s a list of the top travel blogs out there. Check them out and get a broader scope on the big wide world of backpacking!
1. The Planet D: One of the real travel blogging superstars, Dave and Deb take personal travel blogging to a whole new level. Browsing their pages, you get an immediate feeling for who they are and what they live for… ADVENTURE! We continuously return to The Planet D for travel ideas and inspiration, as well as help with our blog.
2. Nomadic Samuel: Fastly becoming one of the most popular travel blogs on the web, Nomadic Samuel’s sarcastic writing style and talent with video editing has allowed him to reach a wide audience of travelholics. He’s inspired us with many of his stories and he is now living a life completely nomadic!
3. Vagabondish: Mike Richard runs this blog as an online magazine and it offers readers so much more than travel stories. You can browse the pages and find great news headlines, gear reviews and top ten lists that will have you returning for more each week. Sign up to his daily newsletter and you’ll probably never leave one unopened.
4. That Backpacker: Nomadic Samuel’s partner in crime, Audrey, writes about her personal travels while informing other travel wannabees how to follow in her footsteps. Her writing style is gripping and humorous and her photography is stunning as well.
5. eTramping: We’ve only recently found this gem of a travel blog. eTramping is all about travel on a budget… that’s our kind of blog! They have great sections on how to travel on less than $25 / day and they are an inspiration to budget travellers the world over.
6. Adventurous Kate: Kate’s blog is well written and informative. She has some great information for travel bloggers and she also has a great weekly Q&A section where she answers a question from one of her readers in great detail.
7. Nomadic Matt: Matt is the king of the Travel Blogosphere. He is definitely one of the top travel blogs. His writing has been increasingly positive and he has loads of information for those who travel on a budget, including an e-book, a published book and online guides. We find a lot of inspiration from interviews that he has done on other travel sites where he explains his amazing lifestyle in detail.
8. Further Bound: Hannah is one of the best writers in the travel blogging world. She is able to portray stories better than most people online and it shows in the success that she has found in writing. Even if you end up on one of her more lengthy posts, you’ll most definitely find yourself reading to the last line.
9.The Professional Hobo:Another great travel inspiration for us! Nora has written some of travel’s most popular posts online with hundreds of thousands of views. When one post gets shared over 5000 times via social media.. you know it’s by a good writer. Nora is able to capture readers with great finesse and her blog is full of great stories and information on travelling in a financially sustainable way.
10. Global Grasshopper: This husband and wife team runs a travel blog with loads of travel stories and tips for the independent traveller. We love the fun writing, beautiful photography, as well as the funky name. We find ourselves returning to this blog quite often to read new and interesting travel tales.
Every day we are finding new travel blogs and this list will probably change each week. There are so many great resources out there for every different type of travel. The best way to get information from these blogs is to use a little bit of each one and create your own travel style and experiences with the knowledge you learn on their pages. Hopefully you find Goats On The Road useful as well!
Who are your favourite travel bloggers or online writers? Tell us below!
Disclaimer: Some links in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through them, we receive a small commission. This will never cost you extra and in many cases you receive a special discount. We appreciate your support!